Need advice finding the perfect window treatment that fits your needs, individual style and vision? To help you get started, here’s three of our best tips on choosing your window treatments for style, functionality and efficiency.
For the perfect curtains, drapes and blinds, we recommend that you focus on the three key factors, which are function, form and fabric selection.
When choosing your curtains, blinds or drapes, think about their function before the style or the look that you want. This will then assist you to decide the most suitable style options, too. So, whether you want to filter light, maintain room temperature, create a sense of privacy or add texture and colour, it can help to ask yourself these four questions.
- How often will I use the curtains or drapery?
- Who will be using them?
- What room are they going to be installed in?
- What is the specific need or purpose of these blinds or curtains?
Style or Form
Remembering our tip number one, that beauty follows function, the form or “look” of your curtains will be dictated to some extent by what you need your drapery to do. So, while you may have a style in mind, ask yourself:
- Am I looking for minimal, traditional, feminine or masculine, modern or something else?
- Should the style be tailored, soft and unstructured or layered? Patterned or plain?
The right fabric not only enhances the style of your room, it controls the amount of light and privacy while being practical. However, with so many different fabrics, textures and colours available, choosing the perfect material for your room can seem overwhelming.
Thankfully, this is often the most enjoyable part of selecting your new window treatments, as Nebula Living have the expertise to guide you with your choices from our extensive collection of decorator fabrics sourced from across the globe. Our range includes natural linens, cottons and silk to select from, some exclusive to us! This means you can feel confident that you can find the best selections for your individual style and needs.
With fabric choices, here are four questions to consider:
- What kind of statement am I wanting to make in my room? Sheer fabrics with a lighter weave feel more casual and filter light, while heavier, thicker fabrics create a formal mood with more privacy.
- Do I want the window treatments to soften the look of room and blend in or add visual drama?
- Do I want the curtains to block out strong sunlight or to maintain attractive views?
- Do I want to filter the natural light yet, still create a sense of privacy? Or do I want the curtains or blinds to block-out light?
Now that you have decided how you want your window treatments to work for you, the best material selections and the look you would like, it’s time to decide which window treatments will work best and give you the right “look”. From sheer, filmy curtains, lined drapes or tailored roman blinds, window treatments provide the essential finishing touch to make your room feel beautifully decorated, comfortable and inviting.
And… since curtains, blinds and drapes are an important focal point in your interior spaces, we want you to enjoy what you see every day! So, the next step is to browse through our web site and take time to look at some of our recent projects to see a selection of the different styles and designs we can create for your home.
Did you know that Nebula Living offer free quotes, samples, a measuring service and interior décor advice. We also specialise in soft furnishings, including cushions and re-upholstery.
Feel welcome to reach out to us with any questions on (02) 9439 0868 or send an email to email@example.com
Our team will be happy to help you.